I love being able to watch shows on our 46 inch. Things just look better and I like the fact that I don't have to strain my eyes to see what's going on as is the case with the smaller televisions that are in my my bedroom and my mom's bedroom. I'm sure that most of you probably enjoy the same luxury and agree that bigger is indeed better. The problem is that sometimes, we don't consider the potential danger we put our children in that comes along with owning such devices. Bigger and thinner means these television sets are even easier to tip over and cause harm. Following are some surprising statistics taken from the 2011 US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC):
- A child is killed every three weeks from an unsecured television
- Every 45 minutes, a child visits an emergency room due to a TV tip-over related injury
- Between 2000 and 2011, 215 fatalities have resulted from TV tip-over
- An estimated 17,000 people each year, the majority of which are children, are treated for injuries from TV tip-overs
- Reported cases have increased almost 25% from 2006 to 2010, and over the last 10 years, injuries have increased by 31%.
SANUS, the leading designer and manufacturer of flat panel TV wall mounts, has partnered with Safe Kids Worldwide to bring these risks to the forefront. Their goal is to educate consumers on the risk of unsecured televisions and to offer safe solutions for families to reduce TV tip-over related injuries and fatalities.
Sanus TV mounts offer easy 1,2,3 installation with a wall template to ensure even placement. They have created online videos to guide you through a simple installation process that you can access at any time. All the tools you would need for installation are included in the packaging and live customer support is available 6 days a week.
Here's a Video From Safe Kids on what every parent needs to know about tip-overs.
SANUS TV mounts are available at Walmart stores nationwide. They are also giving away a TV mount to one of my readers.
a Rafflecopter giveaway